ASA self-publishing workshop
Australian Society of Authors (ASA) is running a two-day workshop that will cast light on the myths and realities of self-publishing in 2018 and increase your chances of publishing success.
This comprehensive professional workshop will give you:
- An in-depth understanding of the entire publishing, sales, marketing and distribution process
- An invaluable resource pack to help you publish safely
- A list of contacts for reliable sources of advice and expertise
- The opportunity to receive direct feedback on your work in relation to certain steps of the process
- A tutorial on how to turn your manuscript into an ebook
- Advice on creating a public profile and developing speaking skills
- Feedback from authors with experience of self-publishing
- A networking marketplace to meet competent and ethical providers
- Familiarity with metadata, keywords and SEO
- The confidence to publish your work as a professional.
You will take away many valuable resources, including:
- Costing template, sample rights reversion letter and P&L template
- Tips and tricks to help you select competent and ethical service providers
- A completed title budget for your work
- Information on how to apply for a US tax file number
- A draft publicity campaign for your book
- A targeted press release.
The ASA advises members on their publishing options on a daily basis and no one has seen more traditional and self-publishing arrangements—both good and bad—than we have. We’re therefore uniquely positioned to offer you expert advice and in-depth knowledge on the entire process.